MISSION, VISION AND OBJECTIVE
The Albanian ICT Association was established in 2007 as an initiative of Albanian enterprises working to address the needs of the IT sector; as well as to transform the association into the most important representative body of the Albanian IT domain. It is the voice of the Albanian information and communications technologies (ICT) sector as well as a prominent advocate for the expansion of Albania’s innovative capacity and for stronger productivity across all sectors through the strategic use of technology. Membership is available open to all companies and organizations in Albania that are involved in ICT. AITA has over 10 members representing hardware, software and ICT service companies, NGO-s and academic institutions. We are committed to helping our members achieve greater success through advocacy, public policy, education, networking, professional development, events and business development opportunities in domestic and foreign markets.
The objectives of AITA are:
- To be the leading voice and the representative of IT sector in the Government;
- To develop, strengthen and promote the IT industry in the country
- To develop the IT export services;
- To become the leader in promoting professional and quality services in the country;
- To create partnerships with other associations;
- To identify and connect Digi Diaspora;
- Provide capacity building in new technologies;
- To promote education and improve high school and university IT curricula.
AITA is focused on generating projects and implementing activities that have direct impact on the members and on the wider IT community in Albania, aiming also at a sustainable growth and development of the association itself.
The main strategic pillars of AITA are as follows:
- Skilled Human Capital Development
- ICT Industry Promotion
- Advocacy Lobbying
- Innovation and Technology
- Regional and Global Active Engagement (Internationalization)
- Projects Participation
Some of the activities that AITA performs are focused as follows:
- Establishment of ICT Academy that performs Capacity building, online training, professional certification, curricula design and program for Universities, VET, re-qualification in IT, career guidance, establishment of ICT clubs
- Increase the readiness, preparation and knowledge of ICT companies for export and outsourcing services
- B2B, e-Show, cross-industry workshops and round tables, publications, Study Tours, Regional activities
- Represent the ICT industry in the Government through lobbying and advocacy
- Support all the events that promote startup, innovation and high-end technology use through proviniding mentoring, coaching, funding and ongoing support.
- Active participation in Balkan and Black Sea ICT Regional network, WITSA, EU SME Digital Alliance and any other network that provides support and growth to the industry.
AITA is engaged actively in several projects’ initiatives from USAID REG, GIZ ORF, EU, World Bank, COSME, Erasmus for Entrepreneurship, Swiss Agency Development and Cooperation (SDC), GIZ, CBI and others focused on the main strategic pillars.
AITA has implemented numerous projects that have stimulated the competitiveness and growth of the ICT sector in Albania, both domestically and abroad. AITA is one of the main supporters of all the activities in the country supporting innovation, ICT ecosystem improvement and strengthening such as Startup Weekend, Imagine Cup, Startup live, Tech Camp, Innovation Camp, World Summit Awards, ICT Awards and so on.
AITA seeks to participate in the development and implementation of projects, studies, by helping the Government and Institutions of Albania to understand current and future technology trends, and how technology can contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Its main projects are listed as below:
- Management Training such as PMP, SCRUM, ITIL, Balance Scorecard and many more Regional projects with other Business Associations and Clusters.
- Requalification projects
- Export and Outsourcing Training
- Startup and Innovation activities
- Domestic and International B2B activities
- Study Tours
- ICT Promotion activities
- Job and Career Fairs
- ICT Fairs
- Curricula development